Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Do you have superheroes in your company?



Today, I had some questions: Do I have a superhero? Do I have a superhero in my company? If I do, who consider them a superhero?
My analyses was made from two points of view: personal and professional.

So, do I have a superhero? And the answer was simple and actually natural: I have, and I have some. And then I had some other questions: And why are they my heroes?

Well let's see: the first superhero that I can think about, is the person from which I've learnt  payroll. A chic lady, that no matter what she was doing, she always made time for the thousands of questions i had. From her, I was able to learn that one of the qualities that a HR person must have is to be open to others. Sometimes this makes the difference between leaving or staying in a company.

But when we talk about ourselves it is pretty simple to know who is your superhero, but how do you know who is the superhero from your organizations? What is necessary to do to discover him? What's his superpower? What is his weakness? What you do after you discover him? For whom is a superhero?  Does he brings you extra value? 
Analyzing the organizations I worked on I realized that it took me a while to find them, and then i took some time to analyze my colleagues.
I analyzed the interactions between them, during our meeting but also in our coffee breaks, during our informal discussions and I managed to discover them.😊
What they have different form others colleagues? My organization superhero was able to use his abilities and skills to influence others, he always was able to capture their attention and engage in different activities even if other colleagues were reluctant. He was able to make them carrying out the tasks with professionalism.
His attitude was always positive and no matter how difficult his day was, he always received you with a big smile and asked if you needed help.
But the superhero is not perfect, he has his "Achilles heel". But what was interesting was that he could overcome a failure with a wonderful attitude, namely: " We made a mistake, but we will find solutions and we won't do it anymore". In other words, he was an authentic Leader. 
An interesting fact was that for each one of my colleagues, his superpower was different. And so for the production workers his superpower is the patience with which he explained to everyone what to do, for the financial department was the correctness in respecting the reporting terms, and for me - the  HR department was the way he managed to become a real mentor for my junior colleagues.
Now that we discovered them, what do we do? For the HR department it is very important to succeed in keeping the superhero in the organization and to involve him in the activities that makes him happy.
And that's what we did! Our superhero has become our ambassador in promoting our internship program, in our partnerships with universities and high schools. And the values that he brought to us was huge. 
Our superhero helped us in keeping the valued people in the organization, he helped us to bring other skilled workers and with his help we trained over 50 juniors in one year and reduced the average age in production area from 35 - 45 years to 26 - 30 years old. We succeeded in doing this because the superhero wanted to be a part of our organization development.

And you know what? After a while we've managed to have some superhero helpers. Now, we also have Robins!!!!



My advice to you: discover your superhero and work with him. The results will be spectaculars!!!


And don't forget: You can't spell hero without HR


No comments:

Post a Comment